Teacher Vacancies for September 2022
St. Kentigern’s School is part of our parish community of faith, which helps our children to develop their spiritual, mental and physical abilities to their highest possible potential, by prayerfully basing their lives on the teachings and values of Jesus Christ and his Church, whilst recognising and respecting the beliefs of others.
We are committed to the development of the whole child within a community where every individual is valued and respected. Co-operation and friendship will encourage a happy and caring, learning environment.
St Kentigern’s Catholic Primary School is a successful school that provides a good standard of education in a very caring, family-like environment from Reception through to Year 6. If you have a good understanding of learning strategies and behaviour management skills and are able to inspire children to learn and achieve their full potential, then please contact Mrs Sobrino in the School Office for more details of any of the vacancies below.
Key Stage Department Leader and Class Teacher with TLR 2A (£2,873)
Permanent, Full time post
The governors at St Kentigern’s Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced class teacher to lead a Key Stage for September 2022. We are a one form entry primary school with 212 pupils on roll.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is an excellent class teacher with successful experience in a primary school who can inspire others
- loves working with children, cares about them and is determined that every child is successful
- can actively support the distinctive Catholic ethos of the school
- is a team player – someone who will fully join our school team and lead a department (either EYFS/KS1 or KS2)
- is enthusiastic, hardworking, driven and willing to take an active role in every aspect of school life
- has high expectations of learning, achievement, progress and behaviour
- is well organised and has the ability to keep ahead in a fast-paced primary school environment
- can create and maintain a welcoming and effective learning environment
- is self-aware and reflective
We can offer:
- Fantastic children!
- A happy and welcoming school
- A school committed to enabling every child to be successful
- A school that is committed to improvement
- A supportive and experienced staff team
- Welcoming and supportive governors who know our school well
- Supportive parents and carers
- Strong links with our church and local community
- CPD opportunities and support
St Kentigern’s received an Outstanding judgement (Diocesan Section 48 Inspection November 2021) and good (OFSTED April 2018).
Are you looking to take the next step in your teaching career? This post has a TLR for the right person who is ready to progress to middle leadership and have an impact on our literacy standards – in particular writing. If you are interested in joining the leadership team, please state what you can offer in your supporting statement on the application form.
Please note that this vacancy is not suitable for ECTs, we welcome applications from experienced teachers on the main or upper pay scale.
We encourage visits to our school before applying to see if St Kentigern’s is the right school for you. To visit, please e-mail: email@example.com or phone 01253 393302 to arrange a convenient time to meet with Frances Wygladala, the headteacher.
Closing date: Friday 29th April @ 12noon
Interview date: May 13th 2022
Completed CES application forms and CES supporting documents should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 29th April.
Rehabilitation - The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request.
St Kentigern's Catholic Primary School are in the process of converting to become an Academy and will join the Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust in September 2022. The successful candidate will be an employee of the Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust, Blackpool in the Diocese of Lancaster.
|Job Description Mar 2022.pdf||Download|
|Person Spec Mar 2022.pdf||Download|
|St Kentigerns CES application form.pdf||Download|