St. Kentigern’s is a one form entry Catholic Voluntary Aided Mixed Primary School in the Diocese of Lancaster. It caters for 230 children from 4 to 11 years. It was founded in 1904 and provides for the children of St. Kentigern’s Parish. The area it serves is a mixture of residential, council and business properties.
The school is housed in traditional buildings adjacent to the Church. There are separate playgrounds for the two key stages as well as a ‘secret garden’ and car parking facilities.